Foreigners Working in Vietnam, Work Permits, Visas, and Temporary Resident Cards (29 pages)

Approx. reading time:

50 minutes

Obtaining a Work Permit (WP) has become more difficult and time-consuming.Structuring assignments to utilize the exemptions from the requirement for a WP is increasingly important.Unless the strict conditions for Work Permit Exemption (WPE) are met, every foreigner must obtain a WP before taking up work in Vietnam.

For short-term assignments, the visa exemptions and the e-visa are very useful. Foreigners working in Vietnam for a longer time still need, besides the WP, a Working Visa (WV). They may apply for a Temporary Resident Card (TRC), which will replace the Visa.

Every person coming to Vietnam for working or business purposes has an obligation to pay Personal Income Tax (PIT) or to formally apply for an exemption under a Double Taxation Agreement (DTA).






We hope that we have been able to assist you with this information.
If you have any further questions, please contact us:

Lorenz & Partners Co., Ltd.

27th Floor, Bangkok City Tower, 179, S Sathorn Rd,

Thung Maha Mek, Sathon, Bangkok 10120

Email: [email protected]
+66 (0) 2 287 1882

error: Content is protected !!